Product specialist At Alcon Egypt
Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries. Join Alcon and help the world See Brilliantly!
How You Will Make a Difference :
● Carry out regular and effective field visits to all assigned physicians in the territory as per predefined plans.
● Promote and present Alcon’s products to healthcare professionals including doctors, nurses and pharmacists within his /her assigned territory and accounts
● Identify and establish new business opportunities to maintain Alcon’s business growth and gaining market share
● Sets business plans, priorities, budgets and performance objectives for assigned territory including key accounts
● Implement value based solutions with designated key accounts to establish Alcon as the preferred partner of choice with assigned key accounts
● Performs and reports on competitive intelligence activities.
● Upon instructions from his manager, organize appointments and meetings with community- and hospital-based healthcare staff within allocated budget.
● Ensure full coverage at desired frequency of all approved healthcare professional list assigned by direct manager while respecting the applied strategy by segment.
● Maintain detailed records.
● Ensure meeting set sales targets with maximum integrity and respect of compliance policy of Alcon, Egyptian law and Egyptian regulations.
● Submit designated reports and other documents both digitally and manually in timely manner.
● Acts as point of integration for Alcon portfolio between medical community (HCPs, HCOs, and Pharmacies & Nurses) and scientific office.
● Ensure achievement of the key accounts plans and delivery of the required financial results
● Create awareness of Alcon products to insure the achievement of actual budget / targeted budget in the assigned territory.
● Build and maintain good will with the medical community, hospitals, and other health centers so as to gain maximum understanding and acceptance of company products and policies.
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge on product information, the competition, promotional aids, and other information required to achieve the established targets.
● Monitor quality of inventory and follow-up at Distributors and pharmacies to better serve patients by securing availability of Alcon products.
● Ensure administrative duties and procedures are carried out on a timely manner necessary for the effective operation of the territory
● Prepare and submit periodic reports and plans and make sure these plans are implemented.
Job Requirements:Educational background: University degree preferably in Pharmacy, Veterinary or Science.
Professional experience: 1 to 2 years in pharmaceutical industry (Ophthalmology field will be an edge).
Soft skills: Strong analytical and negotiation skills, excellent communication skills, business acumen, ability to work in a matrix environment dealing with continuous change, meeting deadlines and managing priorities.
Languages: Fluent in English.