Analyst (Middle office) - Asset Management Operations At EFG Hermes
Responsible for day-to-day reporting tasks to ensure and maintain a smooth operations workflow.
1. Responsible for internal reporting which includes:
a. Extracting and reviewing the internal report from the systems on a regular basis.
b. Providing the business with performance measures and reports.
c. Providing the sales and investment teams with daily and weekly performance reports on funds and portfolios.
2. Responsible for external reporting which includes:
a. Preparing clients’ reports (factsheets) and adhering to all reporting requirements and deadlines.
b. Liaising with the Back Office team to receive confirmation e-mails outlining the valuations of portfolios/funds to ensure data accuracy.
c. Updating the performance of EFG Hermes funds on the EFG Hermes website.
d. Communicating fund NAV’s on a weekly and monthly basis to vendors and regulators e.g. Bloomberg, Zawya, FRA, EIMA etc.
3. Responsible for rebalancing all the indices on the system.
4. Ensure material changes related to fund governance are properly communicated.
5. Assist other members of the team to ensure good corporate governance is adhered to for all managed funds.
6. Handle reporting requests from different regulators in collaboration with the compliance team.
7. Ensure compliance with all applicable AML/CTF rules and regulations as required in the conduct of the role.
8. Ensure timely completion of all relevant AML/CTF training provided by the Group.
9. Ensure response to AML, CTF & sanctions inquiries in a timely manner.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting.
a. Analyst: 0 - 1 year experience.
3. Experience with market data services such as Bloomberg, Reuters…etc.
4. Knowledge of (an advantage in case of an analyst):
a. Business Cycle.
b. Asset management products.
5. Excellent command of Microsoft Excel and Word.
6. Good command of Arabic and English.
7. Good communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
8. Able to build partnerships and work well in teams.
9. Detail oriented; works with a high degree of accuracy.
10. Can identify problems and refer/escalate complex issues to a higher level.
11. Ensure deliverables are always of a high quality.
12. Able to work under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail.