Shell Graduate Programme 2022 - Egypt
Cairo - New Cairo DS
JOIN US IN POWERING CHANGE
We are looking for graduates who share our purpose to power progress and our culture of inclusion, collaboration, and care. We’ll give you the support you need to forge your own path, and you’ll have real responsibilities and meaningful projects to work on right from the start.
WHERE YOU FIT IN
Shell’s purpose is to power progress together, by providing more and cleaner energy solutions. We believe that rising standards of living for a growing global population are likely to continue to drive demand for energy, including oil and gas, for years to come. At the same time, technology changes and the need to tackle climate change means there is a transition underway to a lower-carbon, multi-source energy system.
As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in meeting the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally, and socially responsible ways. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the energy industry. Join us in our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, and sooner if that is possible.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
Our Graduate Programme is a rigorous development framework of specific competences, business-critical capabilities, and critical experiences that will enable you to become a competitive professional by the end of your 3-year programme.
Right from the start, you will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, global environment. You will be supervised and mentored with frequent reviews as part of a structured development programme. You will also be learning alongside brilliant people from all over the world, with the resources and support to explore new ways of thinking and working – all in all, an unbeatable experience.
We know that learning is key to developing yourself both personally and professionally. The graduate programme encompasses a learning framework that includes internal and external courses designed to help you gain the skills you need to succeed.
A pricing analyst is responsible for analyzing competitor pricing matched with market expectations to determine the ideal target price for products of the business. Duties include providing thorough analytical breakdowns of pricing structures and sales funnels of similar competitor products and services and identifying specific strategies used in pricing models of the same. Reports are written in order to evaluate the findings and to propose the results to the relevant departments for effect.
• Develop and maintain pricing tools and profitability models.
• Grow total gross margin by identifying pricing actions that encourage higher sale values, conversion rates, inelasticity, margin rates, and customer satisfaction.
• Forecast margins to help the business understand the impact of promotional and seasonal pricing.
• Monitor input costing changes and develop sensitivity analysis thresholds to provide reporting on potential changes to finished product prices.
• Present pricing analysis at a monthly strategy meeting, with insights, trends, and suggestions.
• Lead pricing-related projects including establishing timelines, defining deliverable, and drafting communications or presentations.
• Responsible for determining the ideal target price for products of the business to analyze competitor pricing matched with market expectations
• work with complex data sets to help business determine and set competitive prices to gain market share and achieve revenue goals
• Gather and analyze market and competition prices and work accordingly.
• Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to drive analysis-driven change
• Preparation of monthly analysis such as brand maps, Pricing Tiering Analysis and forecast
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You should enjoy being challenged, so that rather than being daunted or overwhelmed if a task seems impossible, you welcome the opportunity to be innovative. You also need to be good at absorbing information, analysing problems, making objective decisions, and coming up with original ideas. You should have the drive, confidence, and resilience to get things done, the flexibility to work well as part of a team and the credibility to influence others.
• Good command of both English & local language (fluency in both written & spoken is a plus)
• Adequate level of proficiency in MS Excel & data analytics
• Strong critical and analytical thinking
• Have the bandwidth to process a large amount of information (e.g. impact analysis, consumption analysis, competitive pricing analysis)
• Must be graduated from quantitative majors (e.g. BA, Commerce / Economics)
• Excellent in execution and possess a growth mindset
• Discretion with handling sensitive and confidential information
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability, while also pay attention to details.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in an international team environment
• Stakeholder management
Join the Shell Graduate Programme and Power Change from Day One.