Ethics, Risk, Compliance - Country Head at Novartis Pharmaceuticals
• Lead, in collaboration with the rest of the Leadership team (LT), the compliance risk management process, identify, and manage risks in manner that drives the business forward to best serve patients
• Provide complex, contextual advice in order to influence actions regarding local business-owned implementation of Global ERC Policies and Guidelines, and drive simplification and innovation on local SOPs and processes development.
• Actively engage with local external and internal ERC networks to shape and influence the environment, and build trust around Novartis reputation.
• Conduct local communication, training, and monitoring activities to support awareness, detection and prevention goals.
• Lead in developing, refining, and adapting quality standards related to ethics, risk and compliance program to meet evolving requirements; and promotes consistently high standards and operational excellence
• As member of the LT, persuade and engage the leaders to continually monitor effectiveness of ERC programs, including cultural drivers of ethical decisions and integrity for continuous improvement.
• Serve as a thought leader and key spokesperson in business development and continuity, internally and externally, and lead efforts to capture and share innovations, best practices and lessons learned
• Help in investigations conducted by Global Security and other appropriate units on ethics and compliance issues received on the various intake sources and follows up to ensure appropriate action for resolution of issues and systems improvements, and agile reporting to internal and external stakeholders
Experience required /preferred
• Extensive experience in pharmaceutical, device or healthcare industries with relevant exposure to compliance and risk function or related components preferred
• Experience in a highly regulated industry with its dynamics, regulatory framework
• Proven ability to lead complex projects and collaborate within and across cross- functional teams and business units, in a matrixed environment
• Crisis management
• Knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations
• Knowledge of ERC Program structure and administration; Compliance Certification status a plus
• Strong collaborator, networking and relationship management
• Strategic mindset, excellent judgment at a complex organizational level, and proactive and dynamic style that fosters informed decision making, particularly on challenging, complex and difficult issues
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and activities in a calm, resilient and professional manner, and able to manage ethical, legal and investigative matters with discretion and the utmost care of the individuals and organization involved
• Project Management
• Results driven, focused and problem solving
• Effective communication/presentation skills with all management levels
• Strong analytical skills (qualitative and quantitative aspects)
Competencies (based on Novartis Personal Effectiveness Competencies)
• Organizational Savvy
• Managing Change
• Operational Excellence
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Applied Business Insights
• Continuous Learning/Dynamic Knowledge
• Vision & Purpose (Strategy to Story)
NOV PHARMA EGY
Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance