Safety Supervisor At AMP Terminals- Suez Canal Container Terminal SCCT (unit within the Danish Maersk Group)
- Responds to all emergencies in the port and renders assistance
- Responds as an Emergency Team member in cases of accident, fire, oils/chemical spill or other incidents in the port or surrounding area.
- Performs various duties and activities related to safety responsibilities for the port.
- Conducts safety inspections of work areas, advising supervisory personnel of observed safety hazards, violation of safety rules and regulations, and prepares safety inspection reports for the head of department.
- Advises supervisory personnel of appropriate personal protective equipment for workers.
- Investigates work related injuries, following trends, conducting thorough investigations, safety violations and recommending various solutions, including better communications, training, modifications to work methods or equipment, and the like.
- Keeps records of all inspections and investigations, for both fire and safety matters.
- Assists with training instruction for company personnel in health/safety related areas.
- Chairs the preliminary investigations of accidents.
Instruct and demonstrate pre-job safety talk to insure all reported team working in safe positions.
- In Emergency cases, and incidents help and instruct investigation team as the technical advisor at site of incident.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and safety standards.
- Providing specialist advice and information on safety to SCCT staff and advising on changes required.
- Providing practical guidance and contemporary advice to staff, visitors and terminal user’s.
- Providing training and educational support to employers and new/trainee employees.
We are looking for- Requires completion of college degree “Science or Engineering“ faculties.
- Requires completion of Safety specialist basic training by Egyptian NIOSH.
- Requires at least three years of safety and/or fire fighting experience, either in the public or private sector & at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Requires an understanding of chemical hazards and hazardous materials and their corresponding
- Requires full understanding of local safety laws and regulations.
- Requires an understanding of international standards of safe work practices for the industry.
- Requires an understanding of work injuries, the investigation process to determine cause.
- Must be able to handle heights and enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot and dusty conditions, and occasionally, conditions of high levels of noise.
- Must have extensive knowledge in investigative procedures and report-writing.
- Requires a valid driving license for light vehicles
- Requires the ability to communicate both in English & the local language.
- Requires ability to remain calm, but able to direct others, in times of emergency.
- Requires certification in first aid and CPR