Packaging Engineer At Nestlé
6th of October, EG
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Full Time Contract
Manage and contribute to Nestlé plastics commitment by supporting at Factories level the trials and implementation of plastic roadmaps across MENA, in addition to managing capital investment projects on the manufacturing site related to sustainability, within the defined scope of responsibility or specialization.
A day in the life of...
• Manage sustainability projects through Supporting CTAG/MENA packaging teams on implementing the Plastic Roadmaps from all categories and lead the implementation for 6th October and Bonjorno Factories, through managing trials, validation, and Keeping quality studies"
• Support the Factory Engineering across MENA and End to End Project Manager in developing the sustainability investment project charter and ensure that it is strictly followed throughout the project.
• Ensure that the packaging side of the project is implemented in accordance with the defined timing, cost and quality, the URS and the characteristics of a unit operation with proper assets management.
• Support the start-up team to ensure a smooth transition to operations after the qualification and verification of the installation and that a vertical start-up is assured.
• Select and qualify convertors with full compliance to Packaging safety and compliance standards. Ensure that Nestlé standards are applied.
• Manage technical release, support factory and marketing in terms of projects / initiatives related to packaging, product, processes and technologies including 60:40 . Ensuring compliance with both Nestlé policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
• Support Business by identifying and implementing saving projects on packaging materials or pallet pattern improvement as well as container utilization for logistics efficiency.
• Promote development of environmental-friendly and sustainable solutions.
What will make you successful
• Bachelor’s Degree of Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Industrial or similar).
• 1-2 years of experience.
• Project planning and project execution experience is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Commitment to a strong work ethic, integrity, honesty, safety, compliance and quality.