Site HSE Supervisor Egypt At Vestas
EG, Ras Ghareb | Professional | Full-Time
This Position is Based in Egypt
Within Construction Department within MENA region and based in Egypt.
The Construction Department oversees all wind farm projects from start to completion. The team takes responsibility for a wind farm once a contract has been signed and remains responsible until the final tests are completed. Working closely with the sales, legal, logistics, procurement and finance departments, the construction team must keep the project on budget and on schedule, ensures our extensive safety and quality standards are met.
• Assist project management in specific procedural documentation to be provided to technicians for use in their daily job requirements
• Initiate all HSE alerts and propel incident investigation and reporting in the Incident management system to ensure closure through identification of root cause(s) and contributing factor(s) as well as assist in making amendments to work instructions in order to prevent future incidents from occurring.
• Ensure development and conveyance of site induction program
• Provide a enthusiastic approach to identifying potential safety risks and assist in development of strategies for resolution
• Possess an understanding and knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations, region specific HSE manual including, but not limited to, site safety rules, code of safe practices, Vestas Lifesaving rules, emergency response plans and environmental policies.
• Reporting of incidents and pertinent information to regional QSE
• Ownership for and functionality of site Emergency Response Plan.
• Ensure Site manager is briefed about observations (highlights and what needs to be improved) prior to morning meetings / toolbox talks. Oversee safety at railheads or other remote project sites.
• Assist with any other procedures in efforts to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
• Bachelor degree or Advanced Technical degree in Health & Safety engineering related field
• Licensed to act as HSE professional (when applicable locally by law)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in wind, energy, industrial or civil construction
• Native of the country of contracted work preferred
• In-depth knowledge of HSE standards and regulations for the identified country / region
• Proficiency in contractor / subcontractor HSE management, including mobilization / demobilization, pre-qualification requirements and post-work assessment
• Proven expertise in jobsite hazard assessment / analysis / solution, risk assessments, incident investigation and root cause analysis
• Development/implementation of processes and procedures, including comprehensive EH&S plans
• Must have a valid driver's license and a vehicle available in accordance to local requirements