Production Engineer Team Leader At Mars
6th of October, Al Jizah, Egypt
Production Engineer Shift Team Leader is a critical, hands-on management role to lead shift associates and contractors to deliver all appropriate standards for the shift. He/She works on rotational shifts to manage the production team of assigned areas within the value stream with a span of control not more than 25 shift associates as direct reports. He/She is expected to facilitate, co-ordinate, prioritize and communicate operational activities in
order to achieve the KPIs relevant to the assigned areas in his shift. He manages and develops the shift associates in his team to foster a high level of team engagement.
-Lead FMOS, PPM & Datalyzer (i.e. shift handover, performance review meetings and process confirmation tours) that enables the team to measure and manage the KPIs of agreed contract deliveries for safety, quality/food safety, cost, customers' service and ATLAS-related KPIs. -Lead and accountable for conducting shift hand over, beginning of shift line tour, Just ten minutes meeting, mid shift line tour, end shift review & daily operations meeting.
-He/She is a key member in the daily reliability meeting and weekly operations meeting.
-Escalate and provide clear communication of operational issues (in addition to following escalation standard for Q&FS and Safety). Be the first point of contact in the shift and ensure regular communication with Production Manager.
- Collaborate with other functions i.e. Quality & Food Safety, Safety, Maintenance, Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, P&O and Commercial, to ensure consistent product quality, safety, productivity and reliability.
- Promote and drive LEAN, problem solving with 5 Whys and failure root cause analysis and continuous improvement culture within the team. Support the implementation of continuous improvement activities that are impactful to safety, quality/food safety, productivity and reliability to the assigned areas.
- Develop the shift associates by coordinating training, assignment and ownership programs. Monitor the associates' development and progress.
- Run appropriate performance reviews and development discussions.
- Ensure disciplinary matters are dealt in accordance to the company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other Shift Team Leaders and shift team members to ensure consistent performance and standardization in practices across the shifts.
- Lead the execution in ATLAS Manufacturing within the shift to ensure the team’s adherence to ATLAS ways of work in converting the raw and packaging materials into semi-finished/finished goods as per the Process orders with timely management of physical inventory, actual consumption, rework and scrap that match the data in the system within the shift. Manage system outage and exceptions according to the guidelines provided.
- Oversee the activities of operational contractors assigned to the shift. Ensure their efficient utilization to support the factory contract deliveries and their services are rightly and timely paid for.
- Oversee the operational and non-operational activities in the factory as Emergency Manager who assesses the risks of the work, ensures all safety precautions applied and approves the start of the permit-to-work and hot work and closes them within the shift.
- Lead his shift resources i.e. Consumables, SIG, etc.
- Lead the Emergency Team in handling emergency situation in the factory.
BSc degree in Engineering, preferable majors Mechanical/ Electrical/ Production.
3 to 5 years of experience with minimum 2 years in Production or food-manufacturing.
FMCG experience as a must.
Mars Factory, October City, Giza.
-3 Rotational Shifts across the day
-5 working days a week (rotational as per the previous point)
-2 Days off as per the working days shift schedule
No set weekends, rotational days off