Systems Administrator At Vodafone - Minimum 1 year IT working experience
Role purpose:Plan, develop, administer and deploy Data Center and VAS systems to provide the required business availability and performance. Manage and coordinate projects related to Data Center and VAS t systems to ensure that business requirements and departmental strategy are well incorporated in systems solutions & plans for smooth delivery and effective time to market.
Job ResponsibilityKey accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Plan, Implement, Operate and Control Data Center and VAS t systems in a high level of performance and on-time delivery & Support.
• Report the day-to-day work & KPIs required to keep the managed systems up, running and supporting the business activities.
• Managing the crisis related to the managed systems and report to vendors and management when needed
• Provide consultancy services related to managed Systems to other lines of IT support and in cross teams initiatives
• Coordinate regular meetings with Systems vendors to track issues and ensure systems stability.
Key performance indicators:
• Maintain and track the availability of systems to at least 99.5%
• Be involved in an on-call schedule to provide 24/7 support to the managed systems.
• Achieve systems KPIs such as Incidents SLAs
RequirementsCore competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Dedication, sense of ownership, and ability to work within a team
• Follow market trends to provide innovative technologies and new ideas
• Report/Manage risks of the managed systems and their notifications to top management when needed
• Communicate in cross function committees when required to handle cross projects, issues, and customers complaints
• Assist in managing/planning the managed systems strategies and train/educate other lines of IT support.
Must have professional qualifications:
• BSC of Engineering or Computer science
• Minimum 1 year IT working experience in managing systems, projects & issues
• Technical Certificates in UNIX , clustering and virtualization technologies.