Purchase and Logistics Specialist At SVITZER ( part of Maersk Group)
Key responsibilities• To pursue and execute purchase orders based on incoming requisitions, keeping cost and quality in mind while assuring timely delivery.
• Optimize and uphold the Svitzer procurement process (P2P) dialogue with local, regional and global suppliers.
• Strive towards full compliance towards Svitzer Procurement manual and other Maersk Group rules as well as the responsible procurement guidelines.
• Monitor, evaluate and optimize the total cost of ownership related to purchased goods and services for the operations, thereby acquiring the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible purchase cost.
• Actively manage and reduce costs through benchmarking of prices, bulk purchases, consolidation and timely inventory management.
• Evaluate the suppliers based on price, quality, service support, availability and reliability thereby adding overall value to the operation.
• Maintain and manager relationships and build volume with local as well as regional and global key suppliers while constantly searching for new and more competitive alternatives.
• Follow-up to make sure ordered goods has been received and acknowledged, confirming that delivered items are aligned with POs and invoices.
• Resolve conflicts between vendor and Svitzer regarding product defects, shortages and/or untimely deliveries.
• Liaise with freight forwarding Companies assuring service quality at the right cost.
• Generate P2P reports for the AMEA Region.
• Create benchmark repots for various category of commodities.
We are looking for
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in a business discipline
• Previous experience of atleast 2-4 years within Marine and Industrial Procurement
• Experience with vendor management and purchasing
• Previous experience in planned maintenance systems
• Excellent MS Office suite skills
• Excellent English Language skills (written and spoken)
• Pro-active and well organized
• Able to work under pressure and highly motivated
• High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
• Good Organizational, time management and planning skills