Procurement Assistant At WHO
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2021, 6:14:08 AM
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2021, 4:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Egypt-Cairo
Organization: EM/BOS Business Operations
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Review, analyze and process the incoming procurement of services requests received from all EMR Budget Centers through the eWorkflow system for APW, GES, TSA and Non-Grant LOA to ensure the appropriateness of the solicitation process and contractual modality, , completion of supporting documents and compliance with WHO procurement rules and regulations.
2. Review and validate draft Procurement Requistions in GSM to ensure their adherence to the standard WHO guidelines on procurement, accuracy of information.
3. Communicate with EM Budget Centers and provide nessesary briefings related to procurement of services procedures, appropriate solicitation method, template and required approvals.
4. Initiate new Request For Proposals (RFPs), using the In-Tend eTendering system, to be published on the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM).
5. Handle administrative formalities related to the in-progress RFPs through the In-tend including screening and accumulating bidders' queries, respoding to bidders and closely monitoring the RFP deadlines and closing dates.
6. Draft memos related to the procurement of services in line with WHO style guide including Regional Contract Review Committe (RCRC) memos and notes for the records.
7. Prepare periodic procurement reports and briefings on the status of all transactions for the review of the supervisor. Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries, alert supervisor/technical units of any gaps in the transactions, and recommend solutions.
8. Maintain and update LSP Services filing system in assigned cabinets as per WHO rules and for audit purposes. Manage an electronic repository for offline clearances and exceptional approvals.
9. Perform other duties related to area of work, and replace colleagues as required.Achievement Activities Include:
- Meeting the deadlines and timely respond to requests.
- Efficiently scrutinize service procurement transactions.
- Efficient flow of information and filing system of procurement related documents
Essential: Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in a field related to the workperformed
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or a related field is an asset
Essential: At least five years' progressive experience in administration or procurement of services. .
Desirable: Relevant experience in the WHO or UN system.
- Ability to work closely in harmony with colleagues in the procurement unit.
- Demonstrated ability to document and communicate, in both verbal and written form.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of service procurement procedures of WHO.
- Ability to set priorities.