Cargo Officer-Egypt At the Emirates Group - Logistics &Operation Vacancy
Closing date: Apr 07, 2021
Provide existing and potential customers with a superior and consistent quality service, both directly and in conjunction with GHA. To ensure efficient day to day Cargo Operations within the location by guiding and directing the team and adhering to EKSkyCargo procedures.
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate the operational activities to ensure optimal efficiencies and productivity, delegating responsibilities to and controlling subordinate staff and GHA/third party contractors as appropriate.
- Monitor and oversee the service provided by GHA to ensure it is in line with EK standards, and where there are shortcomings, to address these appropriately and timeously. Where appropriate, make recommendations and implement process improvement with GHA.
- Resolve problems arising such as delays, disruptions, cargo mishandling and transfer cargo
- Review, collate and compile the cargo documentation for cargo uplifted on flights in accordance with local regulations and company policies
- Ensure accurate completion of all post flight activities including dispatch of message, forwarding documentation and completion of station file. Where required, take appropriate action for any irregularities/ discrepancies
- Investigate and respond to queries, complaints and claims received from internal and external customers in an efficient and timely manner, restoring customer confidence
- Update and maintain Cargo Systems in order to provide the requisite customer service information and produce and analyse periodic reports and statistics
- Supervisory accountabilities:
- Motivate, train and give feedback to staff to ensure all tasks are completed on time and to ensure high standard of service is maintained. Provide on the job training and manage performance, including corrective action. Undertake performance appraisals and development planning
- Supervise the cargo operations as required to ensure all activities are completed safely and in an efficient manner.
- Deputise for the Cargo Manager where no senior manager is on duty and/or act as the Duty Manager e.g. Freighter.
Qualifications & Experience
Logistics/Cargo.Air Cargo :
Educated to A-Level (or equivalent) with at least 5 years? experience in a Cargo Operations environment, including at least 3 years as a Senior Cargo Agent with previous experience in team leading. OR Educated to Degree (or equivalent) with at least 2 years? experience in a Cargo Operations environment, including at least 1 year experience as a Senior Cargo Agent with previous team leading experience and completion of supervisory training. Knowledge/skills: Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations and currently holds / has previously held a DG certificate Knowledge of Advanced Load Control, Weight & Balance procedures and Live Animal Regulations PC based skills including Microsoft Word/ Excel/ E-mail Analytical and numeracy skills Fluency in English and the language of the country you are working is essential. Other job related information Shift pattern The job holder is also responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment.
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Egypt.The copany will not assist with visas and work permits