Application Support Engineer (_VOIS) At Vodafone Egypt | 0-3 years of Experience
Posting Country: Egypt
Date Posted: 22-April-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Role purpose: To operate and provide a second line support service to Enterprise service platform on the application level to meet the expected availability and performance
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Technical Operation:
o Manage the platform backend servers.
o Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
o Follow-up on the daily health checks and fix problems once they appear on a server.
o Keep up to date with the new product versions and new releases.
o Ensure to use the pre-production environment for testing activities before launching a new service.
o Ensure to maintain the preproduction environment similar to the production platform.
o Ensure to maintain the preproduction environment availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
o Manage installing and upgrading software. This includes the deployment of new shipments
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Solid Linux/Unix Knowledge
• Windows Administration background
• ITIL Foundation v3 Certificate is a plus
• Experience in Similar role i.e (Operation Handling)
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Bachelor of computer science / engineering
• 0-3 years IT Support, system administration & Operation.
• Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Fluent English both oral and written is a must.
• Ownership and commitment attitude
• Excellent analytical thinking skills
• Handling multi-tasks
• Ability to work under Pressure
Key performance indicators:
• Ensure that All Services are SLA compliant
• Ensure that all incidents are solved within the agreed SLA
• Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.