IT Support Technician At Maersk Egypt
The successful candidate acts as subject matter expert in a specific technical area, consulting on development and operations and is a key source of knowledge, technique, or expertise for the subject applies expertise to support the organisation's vision and strategic direction
• A truly international, open and engaging working environment in a modern working location.
• Value and team-based leadership
• Improve system & process knowledge
• A wide range of international career opportunities.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
Key responsibilities• Provide onsite local IT support for incidents that are assigned to the IT Support Technicians team & ensure that T&L IT standard processes are followed for services provided.
• Be responsible for Desktop management; install, move, add, change, decommission support for IT equipment (PCs, Laptops, Printers, Servers).
• Support general OS/MS Office/other application running problems or corruptions.
• Support and advice the Facilities Management/Office Services in relation to offices move planning.
• Support Hardware and Software asset management as per our global processes.
• Be responsible for LAN cabling troubleshooting.
• Be part of on-call support for critical incidents or emergency situations outside of regular business hours as part of our Business Continuity Plan.
• Provide a best in class service to our business customers & identify shortfalls in service delivery to implement improvements.
• Together with the Lead IT Technician for the Region, assist with the resolution of 2nd level escalations.
• Coordinate and manage equipment through Maersk appointed list of vendors.
• Ensure a close liaison with Global Service Desk (GSC), GCC and other IT support groups.
• Provide remote IT support for other sites within the country as required .
• Project Execution: work closely with the Project Manager to implement projects.
• Provide VIP support to selective customers as per SLA and agreement.
• Provide input on IT Forecast and budget to IT Lead.
We are looking for• 2+ years of IT support experience
• Good ITIL knowledge (certification optional)
• Project management certification is a plus but not a must (Agile, Prince2, PMP)
• Have worked with Service desk tools and Incident / problem / request processes
• Familiar across multiple Windows operating systems, Hardware (servers, routers, switches)
• Basic understanding of Networking and ability to liaise with remote support teams.
• Degree or Diploma in IT would be advantageous.
• Proactive approach to problem solving.
• Extraverted/Outgoing nature.
• Ability to communicate with a wide audience, at all levels in the organization.
• Good English language written and verbal skills as a minimum.
• Passion for technology and cutting-edge solutions.
• A real desire to help people: Solution provider Not a support provider.
• Someone who interacts with and understands business language/requirements, and able to translate into IT talk.