Health and Safety Manager At Amazon
· Handling Health and Safety and employee satisfaction at your Fulfilment Centers, including supervising employee wellbeing and productivity.
· Effectively collaborating on Health and Safety projects, across various Operations sites.
· Providing authoritative guidance on Health & Safety matters to all stakeholders, especially on those relating to your designated area of responsibility.
· Review and audit arrangements for Health & Safety management, while continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
· Plan and implement work systems around reducing Health and Safety risks, e.g. recommending suitable adaptations to machinery and processes.
· Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for Health and Safety statistics.
· Develop written Health & Safety documentation (procedures, tools and training (in both English and local language.
· Provide management with information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
· Support business change, via effective change management processes in the context of your Fulfilment Centre’s flexible environment
· Direct behavioral culture change programs, across a large, complex, multi-shift operation.
· Implement and review Amazon’s global safety policies, ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met.
Ensure contractor management safety processes are implemented
· Completed degree in Health & Safety or equivalent.
· Professional experience in Health & Safety, ideally gained in a logistics environment.
· You’re a chartered member of an industry body representing the interest of Human Resources, such as IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent.
· Experience in leading a group of Health & Safety team members.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
· Experience communicating with and presenting to senior leadership.
· Highly proficient in both spoken and written English and local language.
· Qualifications or experience of null initiatives would be advantageous.
· Communication and influencing skills: you’re also results-oriented and tenacious.
· Flexible approach to work, while always managing your own priorities and workload.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to motivate teams.
· You can quickly build credibility, using your influencing skills and strategies to build buy-in for change.
· Proven record of propelling significant change through an operation.