Supplier Development Agronomist At Nestlé Egypt
Ensuring supply and adding value to the business through agricultural supplier development activities for mitigating food safety and quality risks related to primary production while driving efficient operations, continuous improvement and benchmarking at supplier and farm level to ensure compliance, cost competitiveness and responsible sourcing
A day in the life of...
• Develop, support and manage suppliers for implementation of contract farming and GAP (Good Agricultural Practices), suitability and management systems in line with market strategy
• Ensure food safety & quality of raw materials (i.e. contaminants, chemical and microbiological) by conducting various assessments based on Nestle standards for FSMS, HACCP, Traceability, Animal welfare and responsible sourcing
• Implement supplier development projects fully aligned with procurement strategies and the Business needs (NPDI, quality improvement, savings, organic, new raw materials, creating shared value projects)
• Ensure the agreed service level OTIF ( On Time In Full ), aligned and agreed with internal stakeholders
• Support implementation of procurement sourcing strategy in close collaboration with Procurement Business Partners
• Lead E2E Project Management in terms of supplier/farms development and ensure sustainable sourcing for availability and supply of planned raw material quantities as per committed timeline
• Identify and optimize materials portfolio, and generate new material opportunities with existing and new suppliers
• Develop the necessary measuring tools and keep complete records of documentations and reports, facilitate the audits and share the best practices
What will make you successful
• University degree in Agriculture, Veterinary or similar.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in agricultural production and good agricultural practices.
• Specific knowledge of the Egyptian agricultural landscape.
• Fluency in English Language
• Has demonstrated the ability to ensure supply and to add value to the Business.
• Project Management / Leadership skills are required
• Safety: Must have a strong safety mindset to drive a safe working culture and behavior at suppliers' sites.