Health and Safety Coordinator At Souq.com-Amazon Careers -Engineering Vacancies -Science Vacancies- Safety Vacancies
EHS Coordinator will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in delivery stations to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for the associates inside the delivery station as well as increase the awareness level for delivery associates for on road safety.
EHS Coordinator must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape.
EHS Coordinator responsiblities :· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze safety metrics and review incident Daily, weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other DS.
· Audit record-keeping practices and Global Safety Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Spend time at the Delivery stations and seek input from Safety teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
· 1-3 years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Health & Safety
· Nebosh IGC and IOSH Managing Safely.
· Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
· Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.