Customs & Clearance Specialist At IFF Family of Companies
You will be responsible for all clearance operations for imported air /sea shipments and delivery management to ensure material availability for required production plans and customers' requirements.
His working location in IFF head office – 6th of October City , Giza , EGYPT
1. Perform Close follow up with foreign suppliers and monitor shipments dispatch dates to ensure that goods come on time and identical with purchase order and resolve problems related to undelivered/delayed goods.
2. Ensure Full set of required documents for clearances have been correctly prepared by the suppliers and verify their completeness and communicate the Supplier / Buyer in case any clarification/modifications are required.
3. Manage and coordinate with the Clearance agents regularly to monitor the status of goods under clearance to schedule deliveries and update procurement teams.
4. Confirming vessels arrival time and final release from customs to assist RM Schedule /Buyer and Planner to update SAP with the expected arrival for open POs to update the production planning module.
5. Coordinate the receipt of the goods with the Warehouses to ensure smooth deliveries within the required time.
6. Notifying Suppliers on short-shipped, over supplied and rejected material received and taking the necessary action by raising Debit / Credit Notes and follow up to finalize.
7. Tariffs coding system on half-year basis to enable buyers to update the Purchase Orders with the related cost lines, customs and clearance fees (PO Conditions).
8. Provide inputs and suggestions for the continuous improvement of Customs and Clearance to eliminate waste which demand proactive action plans in line with company objectives and create new opportunities to maximize the performance and generate savings by adding new freight forwarders and managing the current Freight Forwarders for freight quotations and price lists for imported shipments.
1. Ensure availability of the Bank documents and Shipping documents prior to vessels arrival for clearance activities and payment through :
• Submit and follow up bank applications for required clearance documents and Forms.
• Submit stamped customs release copies for finance team and health authorities.
2. Ensure preparing all Health & Storage Letters approvals on the purchased items from Egyptian Authorities and arrange their soft and hard copy tracking.
3. Submit regular performance reports for Bank Documents tracking, Air /Sea Shipment status and Clearance Agencies Performance.
1) Ensure the company’s Customs and Clearance Account balance position Coverage for cleared shipment and initiate the payment compensation requests on regular basis.
2) Review and authorize the claimed invoices of the clearance agents /freight forwarders to the finance department timely to organize the payments as per quotations and price lists.
4. Keeping records of all demurrages, detentions, etc. and follow up with the concerned buyers for settlements and implements preventive actions to avoid customs penalties.
5. Examining invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations
6. Performs any other related duties assigned by direct supervisor / manager.
Bachelor degree from reputable University
Major: (Engineering - Supply Chain - Accounting – Computer science - or relevant qualifications).
Scope and years of experience:
- 0 to 3 Years’ experience in a similar procurement post, (Engineer if Fresh)
- SAP Knowledge is an advantage
Very Good to Excellent command of English (written and verbal).
Very Good computer skills, preferable having ICDL certificate.
Very Good Knowledge of (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
1-Very good communication skills (written & verbal).
2-Ability to work under pressure and team player.
3-Fast learner – accurate- punctual- attention to details.
4-Excellent Time-Management skills & ability to meet deadlines.
5-Hard worker – willing to accept challenges.
6-Decision – making & problem solving abilities.
7-Showing Potential Leadership Skills