Customer Service Executive (Voice)At HSBC Bank
(overall high level summary of the role)
🔴To continuously provide high quality processing service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction within the specified Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
🔴Responsible for relationship building and resolving customer queries / issues in a professional manner (where applicable).
🔴Other responsibilities dependent on process assigned to. Receives customer calls in a call centre environment.
🔴Responsible for relationship building and account management while resolving customer inquiries in a professional manner.
🔴 Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow-up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution.
Impact on business
· Acquire and update knowledge on procedures on products.
· Receive or make calls from or to customers (internal & external).
· Provide information to customers based on requests made.
· Use Call model effectively and work within Collections MOS Framework
· Exhibit ownership of the business.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Build rapport with customers.
· Ensure that the productivity and quality levels are achieved as per the standards set for the process.
· Defuse irate customers and resolve challenging inquiries utilizing negotiation skills while following guidelines in an effort to
Satisfy the customer.
· Provide service to customers by focusing on resolving requests efficiently, accurately, and professionally.
· Delight internal and external customers.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Support achievement of team objectives.
· Participate in development of cohesive teams.
· Foster development of co-workers.
· Contribute to the creation of a supportive work environment driven by people centric values.
· Build professional relationships with colleagues in other areas.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Ensure that each call / work is completed in accordance with established procedures and standards.
· Identify and escalate potential showstoppers
· To implement Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant compliance department. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
· Ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained.
· Ability to learn and implement the process updates or changes quickly and accurately.
· Ability to understand and interpret numeric data.
· Ability to multi task.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
· Responsible for one’s own performance. Required to ensure that the service levels are maintained at its optimum level.
· Relationship building would be the focus of the role with an approach to improve on existing services provided.
· Additional privileges and authority would be provided for the specified role. However, the job holder is restricted to the privileges provided within the process and should be abided by the procedures governing the same. The Assistant Manager Operations (Line manager) would be overseeing the day to day operational aspects and would also be seen as the mentor for personal development.
Management of Risk (GHR / FIM requirements)
To abide by the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to apply.
To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
Observation of Internal Controls (GHR / FIM requirements)
To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators (see HR FIM section 3.7 and GCL 050044 on Sarbanes-Oxley and Internal controls)
Education / Relevant Experience / Other Qualifications (e.g. Knowledge, Skills, Professional Qualifications required)
(For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role)
🔘Should have passed the Higher Secondary School examination or the equivalent. Higher qualification not a bar provided aspirations are commensurate with the position
🔘 Work experience not essential.
🔘 Ability to speak and understand English fluently
🔘Ability to write business letters and reports.
🔘Excellent conversational/ telephone skills.
🔘Ability to learn quickly, retain and transfer knowledge appropriately.
🔘Ability to understand and interpret numeric data.
🔘 Flexibility to work in shifts
🔘Ability to build rapport with and relate to a wider range of people.