Cost Control Engineer At Bombardier Transportation
Cost Control Engineer-TPOOL-EGCA03112020
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Cost Engineer for Cairo.
You will be responsible to ensure the provision of accurate and efficient estimating services.
• Prepare the recommended prices for proposals and contract Change/Variation Order for management approval. This includes co-coordinating and verifying the inputs from others to develop these estimates, as well as assigning mark-ups in accordance with management guidelines.
• Review quotations and bids supplied by others to ensure completeness and accuracy against work statements/drawings and incorporate into cost/price estimates.
• Prepare accurate and timely Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates to support the marketing opportunities.
• Maintain a historical cost database that incorporates proposal estimates as well as available “as-built” data and ensure security of information in line with Divisional guidelines.
• Provide on-going pricing support to the sales department in the field during the bid negotiation process.
• Degree in Engineering
• Excellent computer skills, especially spread sheet software (Excel).
• Knowledge and exposure to commercial terms and conditions.