IT Support Technician vacancy at amazon | IT vacancies
Responsibilities:Putting your customers first, you will provide a 1st / 2nd line support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your home site as well as any remote sites that you and your team also support.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment including (but not restricted to) laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, thin clients, telecoms equipment and workstations to the required specification. Some cabling work will also be required (after training).
· Management of imaging of workstations, laptops, tablets, handheld scanners, etc.
· Carrying out and supporting the execution of change management requests as required (which may include out of hours work).
· The management of Asset and Inventory databases performing regular checks / audits in line with global standards and to ensure sufficient IT spares are available to meet business needs.
· Carrying out and supporting asset management processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers.
· Ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon polices and guidelines whilst delivering outstanding levels of service to your Customer base.
· Maximizing the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance. Continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
· Liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· Providing technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
· Conducting end user equipment trials and testing.
· Undertaking ad-hoc requests and tasking as and when required.
· Providing assistance to senior engineers as required (which may include out of hours work and travel).
· Managing shift / daily Infrastructure and Distribution Frame (MDF/IDF) audits and checks, including the production of shift / daily reports.
· Ability to undertake physical labour in accordance with Amazon health and safety standards.
· Help maintain a clean working environment
The successful candidate will have:
· Experience in MS Windows System Support
· Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal). Able to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
· A strong sense of customer service and demonstrable history of excellent customer-facing skills.
· Demonstrable methodical problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
· Able to keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company (Team player).
· Be self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
· Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
· Experience in establishing new processes and procedures as well as following those already in place and always looking for improvements.
· A willingness to roll their sleeves up and be hands-on.
· An good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology and to train and learn new skills
· Demonstrable strong initiative (is proactive) and motivation with the ability to learn quickly.
· Ability to be flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
· Two years prior technical (IT) exposure/experience highly
favorable, preferably in an operational environment.
· Vendor certification of the following: MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Some Linux/Unix System Support experience
· IT / ICT vocational or further education qualification would be advantageous
· Previous experience in a highly dynamic and fluid environment with a high degree of customer service.
· Help Desk / Technical support experience.
· Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
· Ability to train others and generous with time to pass on knowledge.
· Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
· Project management – technical task execution