Health & Safety Supervisor at Vodafone | HSE Vacancies
Posting Country: Egypt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Role purpose:• To support Health & Safety culture across the organization and partners and to ensure VF employees and business partners are provided with an admired workplace and a safe working environment achieving zero fatality and property loss.
• To ensure the market perspective of VF brand is associated with health and safety, and to promote VF as the telecom industry leader and preferred employer in this regard.
• To support company management in decision making process in regards to risks associated with the business related activities, and ensure management engagement to H&S.
• To develop, implement, control and continually improve a technical H&S auditing program for company various functions, ensuring safe work place.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:• Develop, implement, control and continually improve a comprehensive HS&W management system including standards, policies, processes & procedures, guidance, plans, auditing program, and ownership for the company’s various functions and activities, ensuring company compliance with all applicable occupational H&S regulations and to the group policies and legislations
• Manage, assess and control H&S risk elements, and provide expert consultation and policy interpretation to management of various functions’ including Regional Operations, Transport, Radio Networks, IT &DC, Customer Experience, Facilities management, warehouses’ and commercial operations.
• Investigate workplace accidents, perform root cause analysis, decide upon consequence and preventive actions and share lessons learnt with concerned parties.
• Manage, assess, and control H&S risk elements, and provide expert consultation, and develop programs, improvement plans that ensure the high risk premises are safe (Billboards Installation, Retail Stores operations, MTXs, Data canters, and warehouses)
• Manage the company compliance with all occupational H&S regulations, local legislations, and lead the H&S governmental relations and communications.
Key performance indicators:• Zero fatalities and major accidents
• Company compliance Index
• High risk areas and vendors’ control Index
Risks:• Threat of legal action;
• High risk of accidents / dangerous occurrence specially in key areas which could lead to fatality and / or property loss, and huge impact on network stability and customer experience.
• Impacted reputation for corporate responsibility among investors, customers and communities;
• Lack of empowering H&S across organisation which impact compliance to regulations, legislation and group standards and could to legal actions
• Increased hidden cost as & Decreased people moral
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:• Health and Safety Management skills
• Strong Vendors and stakeholders’ management skills.
• Minimum five years’ experience in related industry/function
• H&S Technical back ground
Must have technical / professional qualifications:• Engineering degree.
• NEBOSH certified minimum IGC.